UPDATES TO CITY OF BRANDON PARKS & RECREATION SERVICES
May 8, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brandon, MB – Based on the recent public health orders, the following changes will be in effect as of Sunday, May 9th, 2021, at 12:01 a.m.:
· The Brandon Community Sportsplex will be closed.
- City of Brandon Parks will have a reduced capacity to group sizes of five (5) persons.
Signage will be updated on Monday to reflect the new health orders.
· Bookings for the use of City of Brandon sports fields may be cancelled, depending on group sizes.
Sportsplex track will remain open for individual use, and for group use with a maximum of 5 persons.
Questions about any outdoor sports field bookings should be directed to 204-729-2148 or email@example.com.
Questions about cancelled programming, payment refunds or customer account credits should be directed to 204-729-2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER CIVIC FACILITIES THAT REMAIN OPEN TO PUBLIC ACCESS WITH MODIFIED SERVICES
· A.R. McDiarmid Civic Complex (638 Princess Avenue)
· Brandon Municipal Airport (405 Agnew Drive)
· Brandon Police Service (1020 Victoria Avenue)
· Brandon Transit (21 – 8th Street)
· City Hall (410 – 9th Street)
· Civic Services Complex (900 Richmond Avenue East)
· Eastview Landfill (765 – 33rd Street East)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:45 p.m.; Saturday & Statutory Holidays 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
· Eastview Landfill Administration Building (765 – 33rd Street East) – Hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Fire Hall No. 1 (120 – 19th Street North)
CIVIC FACILITIES THAT REMAIN CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS
· Brandon Cemetery Administration Building (1901 – 18th Street)
· Brandon Youth Centre (638 Princess Avenue)
· Municipal Water Treatment Plant (108 – 26th Street North)
· Parks Complex (2020 McGregor Avenue)
For a list of all City services, please visit brandon.ca/doing-business-with-us.
Any member of the public that is feeling unwell or are exhibiting ANY COVID-19-related health symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) SHOULD NOT attend to any City of Brandon facility and should, instead, visit sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool or contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 for advice. City of Brandon staff are also expected to adhere to these Shared Health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
Source: CITY OF BRANDON PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT