February 1st Covid Update For Manitoba
The latest update for the Prairie Mountain Health Region shows three new cases bringing the total number of active cases in PMH up to 169. The total of new cases reported in Manitoba today is 89. Out of the 1,980 overall cases in Manitoba since the start of the pandemic 1,760 have recovered.
There are five active hospitalizations two of those are in ICU. There’ve been a total of 51 COVID deaths documented in Manitoba. Health Care workers are documenting 1,603 covid tests daily and there’ve been 478, 810 tests in total. Manitoba’s test positivity rate is 7.9%
According to the Manitoba.ca covid19 update, the current situation in the province is as follows:
Public health officials advise three additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville;
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Heritage Life Personal Care Home in Niverville; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.9 percent provincially and 4.2 percent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 89 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 87 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 29,651.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 22 cases in Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 42 cases in the Northern health region;
- three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
- 18 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 3,466 active cases and 25,353 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 104 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 151 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 255 hospitalizations;
- there are 27 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 11 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 38 ICU patients; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 832.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,603 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 478,810. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
For more information click this link.