Manitoba Reports Spike In Covid Cases
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is six percent provincially and 6.3 percent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 211 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, eight cases have been removed due to data correction.
This brings the net-new number of cases today to 203 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 36,470.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 25 cases in the Northern health region;
- 27 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- seven cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region
- 138 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID -19 have been reported today:
- a female in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at Russell Health Centre.
Get more informationhere.